So, you are looking for the very best free keyword research tools to get the exceptional one and modify your SEO presence, right? Let me assist with the right set of tools to get the relevant search results totally free!
From web design to development and material marketing, it is necessary to hang around on keyword research because it is the only method you can frame your content method. A website is ranked with a high traffic volume when it gets the best design with the most suitable content.
You may also be interested in reading our post on Tips to Increase Backlinks To Your Website so you can use your new keywords effectively in your link building efforts. We also have an excellent post on how to Optimize Content: Complete Guide To On-Page SEO that will help you get your content optimized the right way.
Why the Need to Use Keyword Research Tools
Keyword research is the basic structure of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and when we are performing SEO services for our clients, Keyword research is where we begin. It can either make your website or break it.
In addition to content creation, you require to concentrate on on-page SEO and website UI, too! There is no doubt that the right set of keywords can improve your search results, but how do you identify them is an art piece in SEO. You might think keyword research is just about having a list of words that targets your audience. It is more than that. You must also use optimized phrases and questions for better audience interaction.
Most keyword research tools are indeed paid, yet, for brand-new blog writers, here is a comprehensive list of free keyword research tools so that you can access them without spending even a single cent.
Here Are Your List of Top Free Keyword Research Tools to Improve SEO
They say content is still king. While that may be partially true, content, without a well-planned SEO keyword list included within, and your content isn’t going anywhere. With the right keywords, your content can rank well in search engines, thereby helping you promote your products and services.
To be able to reach your audience in all levels of your funnel, you need targeted keywords that the audience searches. Some examples can be information such as the “whys” and “how-tos” and conversion terms like “where to buy” or “discount”.
When you are just starting your online business, you don’t have to spend so much on premium keyword research tools. Here are some keyword tools you can use for free.
AdWord & SEO Keyword Permutation Generator
Adword & SEO Keyword Permutation Generator is an excellent KW research tool if you are new to the game, or you are planning to launch a new website. This tool helps you identify the secondary keywords you might want to include in your list of keywords.
There are three keyword list boxes where you can enter your desired keywords as many as you want. You also have three choices on how to generate your keywords: broad match, phrase match, and exact match. Once you hit the “Generate Permutations” button, you’d have all the possible keywords listed in the box.
Great for: Newbies; Keywords for a New Website
- Provides all possible permutations of your keywords
- Easy user interface
- This can be your first tool to start your KW list before importing that list to other KW tools for metrics and relevancy comparison.
- Gives you insight on other possible keywords you may not have come across in the past
- You can get more creative with your keywords.
- Simple input
- Some keyword combinations may not make sense.
- Needs to spend time to sort the right keywords
- Importing of KWs can be a bit of a hassle and time-consuming.
Also Asked identifies the keyword to give you question results. Also Asked is available in numerous languages. You can also use its location feature to know what keywords are used in that particular area. Also Asked places questions in a tree model that quickly shows how questions or items are grouped according to relevance to the main keyword.
Great for: marketers and writers to understand how their content should be grouped with the keywords
- Downloadable list
- Can be saved as .png file format
- Language feature
- Allows you to understand search intent through questions
- No metrics
This search question visualization tool lets you discover the appropriate keywords rather quickly, thus, helping you find out a keyword with a lower difficulty and a higher search volume.
Great for: Keyword research for a new site; looking for popular questions
- Google-based results
- Focuses on useful phrases and questions asked around the keyword
- Endless content ideas to get inspiration
- Keyword visualization
- Questions are categorized based on prepositions.
- Questions are alphabetized.
- Incredibly simple and straightforward to use
- Assists you in enhancing your creativity by providing you the best material concepts
- Helps create content in different stages of your funnel
- No need to log-in to export the phrases to .csv file
- No metrics
- It only allows three searches in one day for the free version.
- Requires an upgrade to the Pro version when you change the location
Google Ads Keyword Planner is one of the most preferred keyword research tools. It’s not just the very best for the novices; however, being a professional too, you might continue this to produce your content and grow it greater.
The very best part of this tool is that it draws info straight from Google, the online search engine where you would be enhancing your site.
It likewise reveals you other associated data in addition to the keywords, such as the average month-to-month searches, competition, and the recommended quota of each keyword if you are using Google AdWords.
Great For: All levels; keyword research to increase the number of topics and content; identification which keywords would be great to target
- Data for average monthly searches
- Data for competition
- Suggested bid
- Associated data
- You exactly get what you need.
- The info comes from Google algorithms.
- The information can be overwhelming to the newbie user.
- Limited search volume analysis
Google Keyword Planner is a free keyword research tool from Google. This keyword research tool is handy with getting nitty-gritty with specific phrases and keyword phrase combinations.
Great for: overall digital marketing campaigns and researching buyer intent through KWs
- Average monthly searches
- Keyword competition level
- Average CPC
- Bid estimates
- Historical statistics
- Traffic forecast
- Handy Export
- User-friendly and navigable
- Provides similar words
- Can customize your keywords based on their seasonality and traffic
- Integrates well with other Google products
- Has the most reliable data out there
- You must have an Adwords account to use it.
Google Search Console is part of the free service offered by Google. While you can use this to look for keywords to use in your new blog, Google Search Console helps you assess the content and keyword status of pages that have already been ranked so you can improve your SEO further. Google Search Console gives information on what keywords are helping you rank.
Great for: SEO analysis and optimization for existing keywords; for intermediate and expert users
- Keyword tracking
- Keyword list for a ranking
- Error displays for a particular page
- Performance Report feature
- Provides keyword specific performance metrics
- Feedback on webpage performance
- Still in beta
- Can be technical for the newbie user
Google Trends shows the frequency of a given keyword with the total search volume over time. Google Trends makes marketing campaigns more targeted to times that products and services become popular. This instance, in turn, drives more traffic to the website.
Great for: users who want to know what time/season to target audience
- Trending keywords
- Year in Date search
- Minute-by-minute trends
- Have Related Topics and Queries section
- You can easily analyze how a keyword performs over time.
- Allows you to plan your content based on keyword performance
- Can compare how keywords fare against each other
- Location-sensitive results
- Incomplete analytics
- Fewer search terms
- There is no graph comparison available
- Less integration with other Google products
IMforSMB Bulk Keyword Generator is made for local SEO. Businesses such as brick-and-mortar that plan to have an online presence or those that have already-existing online local companies would benefit well from this keyword tool. IMforSMB Bulk Keyword Generator is a business and location-specific keyword generator.
To use this tool, you have to choose the business category in the scroll-down box. The next thing to do is to select the type of service your business provides and include its locations.
Great for: local companies
- Targets the common keywords used in a particular location and service
- Downloadable list in .csv format
- Some business types are not included in the drop-down box.
Jaxxy has a robust keyword research tool that guarantees success without having to spend a lot of time analyzing a complex niche. It uses three search engines so you can effectively analyze your keyword sets across all these said search engines.
Great for: affiliate marketers for uncomplicated keyword and competition research
- Quoted Search Result
- Traffic metrics
- Access to Brainstorm, Affiliate Search and Alphabet Soup
- Gives you a lot of keywords you won’t find in other research tools
- Provides a decent set of KW metrics
- Quick response
- Uses several search engines
- The Starter Trial only allows you 30 keyword searches for free.
Keyword In allows you to create keyword combinations from a seed keyword or a long-tail keyword. Keyword In has three kinds of match types for keywords: broad match, phrase match, and exact match.
There are four text boxes you can use, each with tickable boxes that define whether the keyword is a broad modifier or just an optional word. You can type in as many words in a single text box.
Great for: Newbies; those who want to get more creative with keyword combinations
- Navigable user interface
- Match typing is varied
- Easy to use
- Gives you a variety of combinations
- You have to copy and paste the generated keywords manually.
- You must include more words to have more combinations.
Keyword Sheeter is a bulk keyword generator that mines Google autocomplete. This keyword generator can pull more than 1,000 keyword suggestions in a minute.
Great for: bulk keywords
- Negative filter
- Positive filter
- Exportable data using 3 kinds of files: .xslx, .csv and .xls
- Simple interface
- Easy to use
- Gives you lots of ideas for keywords
- No keyword metrics for the free type
- If you want more parameters, you need to pay per sheet.
Keyword Shitter is a pretty straightforward keyword research tool. Just type in the word and click the “Shit Keyword!” button, and it generates hundreds of potential keywords for you!
Great for: newbies and those who want to get creative with their keywords
- Can generate thousands of keyword combinations
- Positive and negative filters
- Can create lots of keywords
- Uses Google Autocomplete for queries
- No keyword metrics
- Some word combinations won’t make sense.
Keyword Surfer is a Chrome extension offered for without paid subscription so you can use it to check the search volume of any keyword in 19 available countries. There is also a global search volume option below the Location drop-down menu.
Great for: SEO content analysis
- Similar keyword results
- Multiple keyword suggestions
- Real-time analysis on data-driven information
- 1-Click On-Page SEO Audit
- True Density
- Regularly updated
- Provides keyword performance and metrics
- Gives you a favorable range for the total number of words in the content
- Gives you detailed information about your existing content so you can improve it
- You can also check and audit your competitors.
- Cannot be used for bulk queries
- Search volume is only available in some countries
- No CPC feature
- Not to be used as the primary keyword research tool
If you are having issues with keywords that hit top retail and seller platforms such as Amazon and eBay, Keyword Tool Dominator might just be right in your alley.
Great for: searching for keywords on Amazon, eBay, Walmart, and Etsy.
- Rank feature that identifies what keywords are the most searched
- Autocomplete database
- Top keyword identification
- Free Chrome extension
- Amazon SEO
- Google Shopping Tool
- Keywords are optimized for specific platforms
- Popularity-based keyword ranking
- Downloadable list
- Needs a paid license to experience this tool’s capacity fully
- You can only make three searches to eBay, Amazon and Etsy databases.
- You only get a keyword list
- No KW performance