So, you are looking for the very best free keyword research tools to get the exceptional one and modify your SEO presence, right? Let me assist with the right set of tools to get the relevant search results totally free!
From web design to development and material marketing, it is necessary to hang around on keyword research because it is the only method you can frame your content method. A website is ranked with a high traffic volume when it gets the best design with the most suitable content.
You may also be interested in reading our post on Tips to Increase Backlinks To Your Website so you can use your new keywords effectively in your link building efforts. We also have an excellent post on how to Optimize Content: Complete Guide To On-Page SEO that will help you get your content optimized the right way.
Why the Need to Use Keyword Research Tools
Keyword research is the basic structure of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and when we are performing SEO services for our clients, Keyword research is where we begin. It can either make your website or break it.
In addition to content creation, you require to concentrate on on-page SEO and website UI, too! There is no doubt that the right set of keywords can improve your search results, but how do you identify them is an art piece in SEO. You might think keyword research is just about having a list of words that targets your audience. It is more than that. You must also use optimized phrases and questions for better audience interaction.
Most keyword research tools are indeed paid, yet, for brand-new blog writers, here is a comprehensive list of free keyword research tools so that you can access them without spending even a single cent.
Here Are Your List of Top Free Keyword Research Tools to Improve SEO
They say content is still king. While that may be partially true, content, without a well-planned SEO keyword list included within, and your content isn’t going anywhere. With the right keywords, your content can rank well in search engines, thereby helping you promote your products and services.
To be able to reach your audience in all levels of your funnel, you need targeted keywords that the audience searches. Some examples can be information such as the “whys” and “how-tos” and conversion terms like “where to buy” or “discount”.
When you are just starting your online business, you don’t have to spend so much on premium keyword research tools. Here are some keyword tools you can use for free.
Adword & SEO Keyword Permutation Generator is an excellent KW research tool if you are new to the game, or you are planning to launch a new website. This tool helps you identify the secondary keywords you might want to include in your list of keywords.
There are three keyword list boxes where you can enter your desired keywords as many as you want. You also have three choices on how to generate your keywords: broad match, phrase match, and exact match. Once you hit the “Generate Permutations” button, you’d have all the possible keywords listed in the box.
Great for: Newbies; Keywords for a New Website
- Provides all possible permutations of your keywords
- Easy user interface
- This can be your first tool to start your KW list before importing that list to other KW tools for metrics and relevancy comparison.
- Gives you insight on other possible keywords you may not have come across in the past
- You can get more creative with your keywords.
- Simple input
- Some keyword combinations may not make sense.
- Needs to spend time to sort the right keywords
- Importing of KWs can be a bit of a hassle and time-consuming.
Also Asked identifies the keyword to give you question results. Also Asked is available in numerous languages. You can also use its location feature to know what keywords are used in that particular area. Also Asked places questions in a tree model that quickly shows how questions or items are grouped according to relevance to the main keyword.
Great for: marketers and writers to understand how their content should be grouped with the keywords
- Downloadable list
- Can be saved as .png file format
- Language feature
- Allows you to understand search intent through questions
- No metrics
This search question visualization tool lets you discover the appropriate keywords rather quickly, thus, helping you find out a keyword with a lower difficulty and a higher search volume.
Great for: Keyword research for a new site; looking for popular questions
- Google-based results
- Focuses on useful phrases and questions asked around the keyword
- Endless content ideas to get inspiration
- Keyword visualization
- Questions are categorized based on prepositions.
- Questions are alphabetized.
- Incredibly simple and straightforward to use
- Assists you in enhancing your creativity by providing you the best material concepts
- Helps create content in different stages of your funnel
- No need to log-in to export the phrases to .csv file
- No metrics
- It only allows three searches in one day for the free version.
- Requires an upgrade to the Pro version when you change the location
Google Ads Keyword Planner is one of the most preferred keyword research tools. It’s not just the very best for the novices; however, being a professional too, you might continue this to produce your content and grow it greater.
The very best part of this tool is that it draws info straight from Google, the online search engine where you would be enhancing your site.
It likewise reveals you other associated data in addition to the keywords, such as the average month-to-month searches, competition, and the recommended quota of each keyword if you are using Google AdWords.
Great For: All levels; keyword research to increase the number of topics and content; identification which keywords would be great to target
- Data for average monthly searches
- Data for competition
- Suggested bid
- Associated data
- You exactly get what you need.
- The info comes from Google algorithms.
- The information can be overwhelming to the newbie user.
- Limited search volume analysis
Google Keyword Planner is a free keyword research tool from Google. This keyword research tool is handy with getting nitty-gritty with specific phrases and keyword phrase combinations.
Great for: overall digital marketing campaigns and researching buyer intent through KWs
- Average monthly searches
- Keyword competition level
- Average CPC
- Bid estimates
- Historical statistics
- Traffic forecast
- Handy Export
- User-friendly and navigable
- Provides similar words
- Can customize your keywords based on their seasonality and traffic
- Integrates well with other Google products
- Has the most reliable data out there
- You must have an Adwords account to use it.
Google Search Console is part of the free service offered by Google. While you can use this to look for keywords to use in your new blog, Google Search Console helps you assess the content and keyword status of pages that have already been ranked so you can improve your SEO further. Google Search Console gives information on what keywords are helping you rank.
Great for: SEO analysis and optimization for existing keywords; for intermediate and expert users
- Keyword tracking
- Keyword list for a ranking
- Error displays for a particular page
- Performance Report feature
- Provides keyword specific performance metrics
- Feedback on webpage performance
- Still in beta
- Can be technical for the newbie user
Google Trends shows the frequency of a given keyword with the total search volum