The AI Content Marketing Era is here. The possibilities seem endless and the temptation to try something new seems like a sure win in the current digital marketing landscape.
Table of Contents
AI and Content Marketing
Content Marketers are now employing artificial intelligence tools to help them create content that resonates with their audiences. And for good reason, too – it’s already helping brands boost engagement rates by up to 300%.
Artificial Intelligence, or AI, is being implemented across industries to make business and consumer interactions more personalized. As marketers try to keep up with this ever-changing landscape, the temptation takes over some to think they can just outsource their work for better results. But does it work?
We previously wrote about How OpenAI Is Changing SEO With GPT-3 and taking the lead in the AI content marketing tool market. Many others are also coming on board with their own versions of AI content marketing tools. Some are really great, others not so much.
What is Content Marketing?
In the modern digital age, content is king. These days, every organization needs content to create a personable and engaging brand presence online and off.
It’s not just blogs, articles, and videos that are being used as a foundation for building your website’s content marketing strategy these days either; infographics seem to be the preferred form of social media posts among marketers.
The conversation doesn’t stop there either, as images have become more sophisticated (think: 360-degree views), making it harder for marketers to keep up with what is working best for each platform in terms of design.
Understanding AI Technology for Content Marketers
Artificial intelligence and machine learning are at the core of content marketing today. Companies have increased their investments in these technologies, and they believe that content marketing benefits from them. But content marketers are still wary of missing out on many opportunities because they don’t fully understand artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning. The good news is that many new tools are becoming available that make it easier for marketers to implement AI practices in their workflows without needing to be experts.
There is a lot of confusion in the market on what AI content marketing is. Some people think that AI technology can take care of everything, while others believe it is a scary thing that will have negative impacts on their lives. In reality, artificial intelligence is not something to be afraid of. It simply refers to software and hardware systems that are programmed to perform specific intelligent tasks. When you use an artificial intelligence tool, like IBM Watson or Google’s Cloud Functions, it doesn’t “decide” but does a series of tasks and actions based on the instructions you give it.
What are the benefits of using AI for your content marketing strategy? You can benefit from automation when making marketing decisions based on data analytics and insights from the content you produce.
How AI can help content marketers with automating tasks
Artificial intelligence will become more prevalent in online marketing and in SEO. It’s possibly the biggest opportunity for marketers right now to up their game and scale their traffic and engagement to deliver more relevant content that users want in order to rank higher for key search terms. Some experts predict that AI could even take over as the digital marketing innovation of the year.
The future of AI Content Marketing is not only exciting but also it is a major trendsetter, as it provides us with the power of not just analyzing data but predictions and forecasts.
What are the different types of artificial intelligence tools that are available?
Depending on what you’re looking to automate, there are several different AI tools available. Some of them are more geared toward improving your content and SEO performance, while others have a little bit more of a collaborative function.
There are many different types of artificial intelligence tools that content marketers can use for their own blogs or website. Here is a list of some of the best-known types of AI tools and services for AI content marketing:
- AI Chat Bots – A personal assistant chatbot can take the place of a traditional customer service person. These chatbots will interact with your visitors and help answer questions about your product.
- AI Text Generator – Text generation is the most common type of AI technology used for content marketing. It allows you to ask a question or provide a piece of information and get back preset responses on your website, blog, or social media channels. This type of tool can also be used to add dynamic elements to your content as well. Based on your writing style, an intelligent content creation tool for a blog or website focuses on producing unique and compelling text that you can copy into your own content later.
- Natural Language Processing Tools – The idea behind natural language generation is that it can create content that reads like natural speech instead of using the standard written format, which is known as “readability scores” – this may be a good way for you to write articles if you have a hard time writing.
- AI Speech Recognition Technology – AI Speech Recognition Technology is a way of making computers understand and analyze our speech for better search engine optimization (SEO) results. According to Google, the AI Speech Recognition Tool has made a significant contribution to the enhancement of search results which in turn has improved keyword discovery. Google also claims that it can help content marketers with keyword discovery through its AI speech recognitions.
- AI Keyword Research Tools – AI Keyword Research Tools work by analyzing your data and looking at searches that have been conducted to help you find keywords for more relevant content. This can be extremely beneficial for creating high-quality content for your blog or website so that your business can rank higher in the search engines.
- AI Image Generator Tools – An AI image generator tool is a type of software used to generate images for your marketing purposes. The advantage of using an AI image generator tool instead of other tools is that it uses Artificial Intelligence to generate images that are appealing in the eyes of the viewers.
- AI Business Analytics Tools – This type of tool will analyze your past performance and can make predictions about your future performance based on what it has learned from previous data. It can be used for competitive analysis as well.
Content marketers should avoid relying on AI fully and using it as a crutch. At best, AI is there to provide valuable assistance and at worst it should be seen as a tool that we can use in conjunction with the expertise of real human beings.
Artificial intelligence is best used to complement content marketing efforts, not replace them. When we rely too heavily on AI, we risk damaging our brand and losing control over our marketing practices. Companies that are committed to AI typically spend a lot of time and effort training their AI technology. In doing so they put themselves at risk of making mistakes when they train the system with incorrect data or bad information. It can be difficult to recall this data in the future if you decide you want to shift away from these practices.
What does the future hold for content marketers?
Content is still king, and as long as Google is the gatekeeper of the Web, it will always be. But the future also holds plenty of promise for machine learning and artificial intelligence in content marketing. No longer will you have to rely on what you know in order to choose keywords and write copy. Increasingly, algorithms will help you create truly relevant and precise content that resonates with your audience.
Marketing is becoming more competitive and the digital landscape is changing too quickly to keep up. This push for companies to branch out and find new innovative ways to gain shares on social media platforms has paved the way for Artificial Intelligence tools to become more accessible.
AI or Artificial intelligence, just like any other technology, can be implemented in a bad way or it can be used with good intentions such as providing content creators with an opportunity to use it as a tool. The main concern that still needs to be addressed is accessibility and how companies will help make AI tools within reach of people who need them most.
Are you using AI content marketing tools in your business? If so, comment below with what you are using.